St Albans prides itself on never turning away anyone who seeks help or support. We continue to signpost where necessary to specialist agencies, but sometimes this is not enough, and we will accompany clients to signposted services, if necessary, or if it is in the best interests of the person.
The Caring in a Crisis advocacy service provides support for a wide range of reasons. Some people find advocacy helps when they feel they have no-one else to help, or are not being listened to. Anyone may need advocacy at some time in his or her life, and St Albans advocate will be there to:
* To develop a one to one relationship with a person for as long as the person wishes it to continue.
* To understand and respect the rights of partner confidentiality at all times;
* To support the client in expressing their views, concerns and opinions;
* To speak on behalf of the client if need be, raising any issues where required, but only as the partner wishes. It is desirable that people regain their own power to speak for themselves where possible. Advocates will support people when they speak for themselves;
* To allow the client to make his or her own decisions and choices whenever possible, even if the process of engagement is slow and uncertain. An advocate ensures that their partner retains maximum control and assists in devising a clear pathway to resolve issues;
* To remain neutral, and independent of organisations and services that their client is dealing with.
If you’re faced with noisy neighbours, or you’ve seen someone littering, drawing graffiti, or committing other acts of anti-social behaviour, you shouldn’t suffer in silence. Now you can report problems and get in touch with your neighbourhood policing team by calling St Albans. The policing team works closely with residents to help stop anti-social behaviour, so they need to know what's happening in your area. They can provide support and advice, and help you decide how to handle the situation.
St Albans Community Association,
St Albans Road, Smethwick,
West Midlands B67 7NL
For enquires call reception
Tel: 0121 558 0018 Ext 1
Download St Albans' latest brochure here.
For a copy of the 2010/2011 Annual Report please contact reception (details above)